Monica S. Lee
Current Employment Position
- Senior Associate
- Family Law Actions
- Community Property Issues
- Child and Spousal Support
- Custody Dispute
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Domestic Violence
Prior to joining Christy, Keith & Donnell Family Law Group, P.C., Ms. Lee worked at a premier family law firm in San Francisco for over a decade focused on high asset cases involving complex financial issues, including the apportionment of stock options, RSUs, privately held business interests, and family trusts. Prior to that, she worked for a boutique firm in San Francisco practicing civil litigation in complex class actions.
Ms. Lee is also committed to collaborative alternatives to litigation when possible and frequently advises clients through the mediation process as a consulting attorney. She received her mediation training through renowned mediator Gary Friedman at The Center for Understanding in Conflict.
Ms. Lee obtained her B.A. in Sociology from the University of California, Berkeley and her J.D. from Santa Clara University School of Law. Prior to and during law school, Ms. Lee worked at a nonprofit agency as an advocate for victims of domestic violence. While in law school, Ms. Lee was a recipient of the Public Interest Social Justice Law Board Summer Grant based on her demonstrated commitment to public interest and social justice. She also received awards for her academic achievements in remedies and for legal research and writing.
Ms. Lee is a member of the State Bar of California (Family Law Section) and is also admitted to the Bar of the U.S. District Court, Northern District of California.
She is a Bay Area native and in her spare time, enjoys spending time with her family and her high energy Australian Labradoodle, traveling, and exploring new restaurants.
- Santa Clara University School of Law, Santa Clara, California
- J.D. - 2006
- University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, California
- B.A. - 2002
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- Public Interest Social Justice Law Board Summer Grant
- Academic Achievement Award in “Remedies”
- Academic Achievement Award in “Legal Research and Writing”
- California Bar Association
- San Francisco County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Winter & Ross, San Francisco, California, Associate
- Rufus L. Cole & Associates, San Francisco, California, Associate
- Law Offices of Vanessa A. Zecher, Associate
- Hoover & Bechtel, San Jose, California, Associate
- Asian Pacific Islander Legal Outreach, San Francisco, California, Law Clerk
- Robertson’s Solicitors, Hong Kong, Law Clerk
- Next Door Solutions to Domestic Violence, San Jose, California, Case Manager and Domestic Violence Shelter Advocate