Current Employment Position
- Legal Assistant & Office Manager
Fatima Rodriguez-Ortiz has a dual role at Christy, Keith & Donnell Family Law Group, serving as both a Legal Assistant and the firm’s Office Manager. With broad experience working in professional settings, she enjoys managing the daily operations of an office and is responsible for various administrative tasks, such as client intake, scheduling, document management, proofreading, and supporting the attorneys. As the first point of contact for clients, she draws on her background in the non-profit arena working with a vast array of individuals to connect with clients and guide them toward the appropriate resources within the firm.
Ms. Rodriguez-Ortiz holds bachelor’s degrees in both Sociology and Latin American/Latino Studies from the University of California, Santa Cruz. A Berkeley High School alum and the first in her family to graduate from college, she was the recipient of the High Hopes Scholarship and the Berkeley Community Fund Scholarship. During college, she interned with Community United and Restorative Youth Justice, Santa Cruz Barrios Unidos Inc., Bay Area Peacekeeper’s Inc, the Population Council, the Seneca Family of Agencies, Community Agroecology Network in Tzucacab, Mexico, and RISE – Responsibility, Integrity, Strength & Empowerment. After graduating, Ms. Rodriguez-Ortiz was the Community College Success Advisor for Berkeley Community Scholars.
Prior to joining Christy, Keith & Donnell Family Law Group, Ms. Rodriguez completed the prestigious Coro Fellows Program in Public Affairs in New York City, where she worked as an Immigration Protection Unit intern with the New York Legal Assistance Group. She assisted attorneys and their respective clients and worked at the office of New York City Council Member Carlos Menchaca, supporting the undocumented community by providing translation services and community resources.
Working many years in the non-profit arena has provided Ms. Rodriguez-Ortiz with the opportunity to work alongside a range of communities and shaped her passion for social justice and advocacy work. She is excited to continue her passion for helping others through the legal profession generally and family law in particular.
In her spare time, Ms. Rodriguez-Ortiz enjoys hiking with her dog on Bay Area trails, playing sports with friends, and spending time with her family.
- University of California, Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz, California
- B.A., Sociology and Latin American and Latino Studies – 2016
- Coro New York Leadership Center, Coro Fellow in Public Affairs, New York, New York
Past Positions/Volunteer Work
- Berkeley Community Fund, Berkeley, Advisor and Program Assistant, California
- YMCA Teen Center, Counselor/Tutor
- RISE (Responsibility, Integrity, Strength & Empowerment), Berkeley, California, Volunteer
- Seneca Family of Agencies, San Pablo, California, Classroom Counselor
- Population Council, Mexico City, Mexico, Intern
- Bay Area Peacekeepers, Richmond, California, Summer Intern
- Santa Cruz Barrios Unidos, Santa Cruz, California, Volunteer
- Experiential Leadership Program, Santa Cruz, California, Group Leader
- Community United and Restorative Youth Justice, Oakland, California, Summer Intern
- Richmond Youth Service Agency, Richmond, California, Montalvin Elementary School Teacher’s Assistant
- The Mosaic Project, Napa, California, Student Leader
- Youth Spirit Artworks, Berkeley, California, Youth Worker
- University of California, Berkeley, Student Volunteer Intern at Chicano/Latina Student Group